This is a workshop program designed to build confidence and foster an enjoyment of solo performance. Students take part in a series of games for actors aimed at freeing the imagination, strengthening the voice, exploring character, and finding ultimate focus for the delivery of their award winning monologue!
Session 1 – Improvisation Exercises & Games for Actors
Students learn the importance of observation and focus for building character and playing an objective. In pairs, they then present improvised performances to the group, and from observing these, our presenter selects the right monologue for each student, and hands these out along with tips for how aural and visual learners best learn lines!
Sessions 2&3 – Blocking / Gesture / Characterisation Technique / Rehearsal
After a series of exercises on blocking, stage directions and physical gesture, students learn the craft of building a character, comparing Stanislavski’s methods to Le Coq’s as we discuss internal and external qualities of being human. Students learn about beats, the power of pause, and working with an objective as rehearsals begin in pairs.
Sessions 4&5 – Rehearsal & Performance
After final exercises in vocal projection, physical gesture and expression, students rehearse in pairs for performance, with the presenter circulating to direct each one. Stage 3 concludes with a presentation performance (many schools opt to have another class as audience).
- Information for Teachers
- Available to Primary Years 3-6 & Secondary Years 7-10
- Each session runs 90 minutes
- 30 student maximum per course / session
- One week minimum between each session for same class
- Maximum of three sessions in one day
- Stand Alone Session $310
Teachers book this to get a taste of the program, or when they’re looking for a kick start and want to do the rest themselves, after a little advice from us!
- Full 5-Day Course $1500
Teachers book this when they want their students to have the complete experience in the Red Roar style!
DRAMA OUTCOMES ENGLISH OUTCOMES YEAR 3-4 4.1, 4.2, 4.5 ACELA1476 YEAR 5-6 6.4, 6.5, 6.8 ACELY1700 YEAR 7-8 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4 ACELY1720, ACELY1731 YEAR 9-10 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 ACELY1811, ACELY1751
NEVER BOOKED WITH RED ROAR BEFORE?
ASK ABOUT OUR FREE INTRO SESSION WITH ANY PROGRAM!
- *Many teachers ask us how we can make our Drama Workshops for Schools more ‘equitable’, that is how they might reach more students but remain affordable. Say ‘EQUITY’ when you call or email to find out about our special equity deal.*
- TO BOOK, OR FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL US ON 0467 375 368 or email Gavin Vance: firstname.lastname@example.org